Arrow Films’ cult film label, Arrow Video, is releasing Director Aldo Lado’s Who Saw Her Die? (1972) in a brand new 2K restoration blu-ray edition.
What’s the story?
Sculptor Franco Serpieri (Lazenby) welcomes Roberta (Nicoletta Elmi, Deep Red) – his young daughter from a failed marriage – to Venice, unaware that a disturbed child-killer is stalking the city’s canals. When Roberta’s body is found floating face-down in the river, the lives of Franco and his estranged wife Elizabeth (Anita Strindberg, The Case of the Scorpion’s Tail) are ripped asunder.
Desperate for vengeance, Franco turns detective in a bid to track down his daughter’s killer, and in the process unearths shocking evidence of depravity and corruption which implicates some of the most respected figures in Venetian society.
A bit of background
In his book Italian Horror Film Directors, Louis Paul has described George Lazenby’s performance as one the actor’s best, although he regretted that some dubs of the film did not use Lazenby’s voice. Danny Shipka, author of Perverse Titillation, compared the film stylistically to Nicolas Roeg’s later film Don’t Look Now, which shares a Venetian setting. Shipka noted that Lado avoided the explicit gore and sexual elements usually present in a giallo film, instead focussing on “an aura of uneasiness”.
The supporting cast
Released at the height of the giallo boom, this gripping mystery thriller boasts some of the most iconic names associated with the genre on both sides of the camera. Co-starring Dominique Boschero (The Iguana with the Tongue of Fire) and Adolfo Celi (Thunderball), and featuring one of the all-time greatest scores from maestro Ennio Morricone (What Have You Done to Solange?), Who Saw Her Die? thrills anew in its high definition debut.
Director Aldo Lado’s Who Saw Her Die? is available for purchase at Amazon.com.
Release date: September 17, 2019SPECS
- Director: Aldo Lado
- Starring: George Lazenby, Anita Strindberg, Adolfo Celi
- Country: Italy
- Production Year: 1972
- Discs: 1 Blu-ray Disc
- Region: A, B, C
- Run Time: 94 minutes
- Formats: Color; 2.35:1
- Audio: Italian, English
- Subtitle: English
- AKA: Chi l’ha vista morire?
- Studio: Arrow Films (UK)
- Brand new 2K restoration of the full-length Italian version of the film from the original 35mm camera negative
- Uncompressed mono 1.0 LPCM audio
- Original English and Italian soundtracks, titles and credits
- Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
- New audio commentary by author and critic Travis Crawford
- I Saw Her Die, a new video interview with director Aldo Lado
- Nicoletta, Child of Darkness, a new video interview with actress Nicoletta Elmi
- Once Upon a Time in Venice, a new video interview with co-writer Francesco Barilli
- Giallo in Venice, a new video interview with author and critic Michael Mackenzie
- Original Italian and English theatrical trailers
- Poster and fotobusta gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Haunt Love”
Who Saw Her Die? 1972 trailer
Who Saw Her Die? 1972 soundtrack
Notice: The picture quality of these photos and videos do not reflect the picture quality of the blu-ray or DVD in this package.