Arrow Video is releasing Waterworld (1995) in a Blu-ray edition. This 2-disc set also includes Waterworld Ulysses cut (1080p) version.
The most expensive film ever made at the time of its release, Waterworld has thrilled audiences through the years with its awe-inspiring action scenes, gargantuan maritime sets, and ground-breaking special effects.
A definitive post-apocalypse blockbuster, Waterworld stars Kevin Costner (The Untouchables) as The Mariner -- a mutant trader, adrift in a dystopian future where Earth is submerged underwater and humankind struggles to survive on boats and in ramshackle floating cities. The Mariner becomes embroiled with the Smokers, a gang of pirates who, led by villainous leader Deacon (Dennis Hopper, Blue Velvet), are seeking Enola (Tina Majorino, Napoleon Dynamite), a girl with a map to the mythical realm of Dryland tattooed on her back.
Famous for both its epic scale and the controversy that swirled around its production, Waterworld is a key cult film of the 1990s and an essential entry into the subgenre of ecologically-minded blockbusters. Presented here in an exclusive new restoration, in three different cuts, and with a wealth of extra material, this high-water mark of high-concept Hollywood can now be enjoyed as never before.
Release date: December 3, 2019
Release date: June 10, 2019
- Director: Kevin Reynolds
- Cast: Kevin Costner, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Dennis Hopper
- Country: USA
- Production Year: 1995
- Discs: 2 Blu-ray Discs
- Region: B(UK); A(North America)
- Run Time: 97 minutes
- Formats: Color; 1.85:1
- Audio: English
- Subtitle: English
- Studio: Arrow Video
TWO DISC SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- Two cuts of the film newly restored from the original film elements by Arrow Films
- Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
DISC ONE -- THE THEATRICAL CUT
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the original theatrical cut
- Maelstrom: The Odyssey of Waterworld, an all-new, feature-length making-of documentary including extensive cast and crew interviews and behind the scenes footage
- Dances With Waves, an original archival featurette capturing the film’s production
- Global Warnings, film critic Glenn Kenny explores the subgenre of ecologically themed end-of-the-world films
- Production and promotional stills gallery
- Visual effects stills gallery
- Original trailer and TV spots
DISC TWO -- THE “ULYSSES” CUT
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the extended European “Ulysses” cut, which includes previously censored shots and dialogue
Waterworld (1995) trailer
Waterworld (1995) soundtrack
Notice: The picture quality of these photos and videos do not reflect the picture quality of the blu-ray or DVD in this package.