“Time-Travel Adventure of the Year!”
Following the release of his 1984 debut feature Vigil, Vincent Ward returned four years later with The Navigator: A Medieval Odyssey, a film that would cement his position as one of the most exciting filmmaking talents to emerge during the eighties.
Cumbria, 1348 the year of the Black Death. Griffin, a young boy, is plagued by apocalyptic visions which he believes could save his village. Encouraging a small band of men to tunnel into the earth, they surface in 1980s New Zealand and a future beyond their comprehension but must complete their quest.
Nominated for the Palme d Or at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival, The Navigator: A Medieval Odyssey is a bold and often startling fusion of medieval fantasy and time travel science fiction, quite unlike anything you ve seen.
Shipping starts on July 24, 2018.
- Director: Vincent Ward
- Starring: Bruce Lyons, Chris Haywood, Hamish Gough
- Country: Australia, New Zealand
- Production Year: 1978
- Discs: 1 Blu-ray Disc
- Region: A
- Run Time: 90 minutes
- Formats: Black and White / Color; 1.85:1
- Audio: English
- Subtitle: English
- AKA: The Navigator: An Odyssey Across Time
- Studio: Arrow Video
- High Definition (Blu-ray) presentation
- Original mono audio (uncompressed LPCM)
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Brand-new appreciation by film critic Nick Roddick, recorded exclusively for this release
- Kaleidoscope: Vincent Ward Film Maker, a 1989 documentary profile of the director made for New Zealand television
- Theatrical trailer
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Newman and an introduction by Vincent Ward
Notice: The picture quality of this trailer does not reflect the picture quality of the blu-ray or DVD in this package.