Lionsgate is set to release Director John Flynn’s Lock Up (1989), starring Sylvester Stallone, Donald Sutherland, and John Amos, in a 4K Ultra HD blu-ray edition. If you’re in Europe, check out the StudioCanal edition of Lock Up.
What’s the story?
“This is hell and I’m going to give you a guided tour!” With these chilling words, the warden (Donald Sutherland) welcomes Frank Leone (Sylvester Stallone) to Gateway Prison, a nightmare jail where every minute is hard time. The warden wants vengeance for the past; Leone wants only to survive the present.
Their explosive battle of wills is the electrifying heart of one of Stallone’s most heroic thrillers, Lock Up. Stallone gives a monumental performance as Leone, a convict driven to break his own cherished code by a warden who will stop at nothing to get him. Sutherland portrays the sadistic prison head in this riveting white-knuckle ride to hell and back.
A bit of background
The film was nominated for three Razzie Awards including Worst Picture, Worst Actor for Sylvester Stallone and Worst Supporting Actor for Donald Sutherland, but failed to win any of those categories.
Release date: September 10, 2019SPECS
- Director: John Flynn
- Starring: Sylvester Stallone, Donald Sutherland, John Amos
- Country: USA
- Production Year: 1989
- Discs: 2 Blu-ray Discs
- Region: A
- Run Time: 115 minutes
- Formats: Color; 1.85:1
- Audio: English
- Subtitle: English, Spanish
- Studio: Lionsgate
- Dolby Vision/HDR Presentation of the film
- Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, Spanish 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio
- “Making of” Featurette
- “About Sylvester Stallone” Featurette
- Interview with Sylvester Stallone
- Interview with Donald Southerland
- Interview with Sonny Landham
- Interview with John Amos
- “Behind the Scenes” Featurette
- Original Trailer
- Optional English SDH and Spanish subtitles for the main feature
Lock Up 1989 trailer
Lock Up 1989 soundtrack
Notice: The picture quality of these photos and videos do not reflect the picture quality of the blu-ray or DVD in this package.