In this bizarre and totally unique piece of Spanish horror, David Rocha plays Paul, a young man thrown out of medical school due to his inability to deal with the sight of blood. He goes home to Montpellier in France where his father is gardener on a huge estate belonging to Countess Olivia (played by Helga Liné, ageless diva of Spanish horror). We soon discover that fear of blood is not Paul’s only quirk He was raised as a girl after his sister died and likes to play with dolls, performing strange operations on them, attempting to extract their hearts.
Meanwhile, in the park surrounding the Countesses’ home, a number of young girls have been found murdered. The killer seems to be a mysterious individual wearing a black wig, a white doll mask and speaking with a woman’s voice. As the killings multiply around him, Paul sinks ever deeper into a world of hallucination and nightmare.
Released here for the first time ever on Blu-ray and in its US premier, The Killer of Dolls is an original and unforgettable film that will be treasured by all who like their horror weird and unsettling. Available for purchase at Mondo Macabro.
Mondo Macabro’s The Killer of Dolls (1975) is also available for purchase at Amazon.com.
Release date: October 8, 2019SPECS
- Director: Miguel Madrid
- Starring: David Rocha, Inma de Santis, Helga Liné
- Country: Spain
- Production Year: 1975
- Discs: 1 Blu-ray Disc
- Region: FREE
- Run Time: 98 minutes
- Formats: Color; 1.85:1
- Audio: Spanish
- Subtitle: English
- AKA: El asesino de muñecas
- Studio: Grindhouse Releasing
- BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION FROM THE ORIGINAL NEGATIVE
- Spanish audio track with newly created, optional English subtitles
- NEW interview with actor David Rocha
- NEW interview with Dr Antonio Lázaro-Reboll, author of the book Spanish Horror Film
- NEW audio commentary by Kat Ellinger
- NEW audio commentary by Robert Monell and Rodney Barnett
- Unique reversible cover
- Booklet with brand new writing on the film by Spanish film expert Ismael Fernandez