Arrow Video (USA) is releasing Jake Speed (1986) on a 2K Blu-ray edition. Stars Wayne Crawford and Karen Kopins.
When her sister is taken by a gang of white slavers, Margaret (Karen Kopins, Troop Beverly Hills) knows she needs a hero with a difference to bring her home. Enter Jake Speed (Wayne Crawford, Barracuda), leaping from the pages of pulp thriller novels and into the real world. With Margaret and his trusty sidekick Desmond Floyd (Dennis Christopher Chariots of Fire), Jake arrives hot on the heels of the kidnappers in a southern African country gripped by civil war. But it soon turns out Jake got more than he bargained for when he discovers that the ringleader of the slavers is none other than his own arch-nemesis: the wicked, criminally insane Sid (John Hurt).
A ripe slice of ’80s action cheese in the tradition of Raiders of the Lost Ark and Romancing the Stone, Jake Speed has it all: romance, death-defying stunts, spellbinding scenery shot on location in Zimbabwe… and best of all, a wickedly off-the-wall performance by the late John Hurt, proving the old adage that a hero is nothing without a worthy foe. An enjoyable and nostalgic adventure.
Release date: December 3, 2019
Genre: Adventure / Comedy
- Director: Andrew Lane
- Cast: Wayne Crawford, Dennis Christopher, Karen Kopins
- Country: USA
- Production Year: 1986
- Discs: 1 Blu-ray Disc
- Region: A
- Run Time: 105 minutes
- Formats: Color; 1.85:1
- Audio: English
- Subtitle: English
- Studio: Arrow Video (USA)
- Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original 35mm interpositive
- Original lossless mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Paperback Wishes, Cinematic Dreams, a new interview with co-writer/producer/director Andrew Lane
- The Hard Way Reads Better, a new interview with producer William Fay
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
Jake Speed (1986) trailer
Jake Speed (1986) soundtrack
Notice: The picture quality of these photos and videos do not reflect the picture quality of the blu-ray or DVD in this package.