British label Eureka Entertainment’s Blu-ray of Jackie Chan’s Police Story & Police Story 2.
Two of Jackie Chan’s most iconic films explode onto Blu-ray from incredible new 4K restorations! Featuring some of the most dangerous stunts ever performed on camera, Police Story and Police Story 2 are a dazzling blend of gritty action cop drama and impeccably choreographed martial-arts sequences that revitalised the Hong Kong action genre and established Jackie Chan as a worldwide superstar.
Police Story (1985) – considered by Jackie Chan himself to be his best film in terms of pure action, Police Story stars Chan as “super cop” Chan Ka-Kui, who goes up against a notorious crime lord in a series of escalating set-pieces that resulted in many of Jackie’s stunt team being hospitalised.
Police Story 2 (1988) – Demoted to traffic cop after the events of the first film, Chan Ka-Kui is reinstated to the detective unit when a deadly gang of explosive experts blow up a building and threaten to blow up more if their demands are not met. Featuring yet more bravura stunt work, and even more injuries to its cast and crew, Police Story 2 is to this day considered one of the best action films ever made.
Presented from brand new 4K restorations and fully uncut, Eureka Classics is proud to present Jackie Chan’s Police Story and Police Story 2 for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK in a special Limited Edition (3000 copies) box set packed with extra content.
Another Jackie Chan blu-ray from Eureka Entertainment is City Hunter (1993).
Shipping starts on August 20, 2018
- Director: Jackie Chan
- Starring: Jackie Chan, Maggie Cheung
- Country: Hong Kong
- Production Year: 1985 / 1988
- Discs: 2 Blu-ray Disc
- Region: B
- Run Time: 202 minutes
- Formats: Color; 2.39:1
- Subtitle: English
- Studio: Eureka Entertainment (UK)
- NEW 4K RESTORATIONS OF BOTH FILMS
- FULLY UNCUT presentation of Police Story 2 in its full 2 hour version for the first time ever in the UK
- Original Cantonese mono audio track for Police Story
- Restored Cantonese 5.1 audio presentations for both films
- Optional English audio tracks
- Optional Mandarin audio tracks
- Optional English subtitles
- The Police Force version of the first film, originally re-edited for the US video market and featuring its own electronic score by Kevin Bassinson
- Police Story – Deleted and extended scenes, including alternate opening and ending sequences
- Police Story 2 – Outtakes
- Jackie Chan (40 mins) – A documentary on Jackie Chan’s early career from cult film documentary series, Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show
- Archival Interview with Jackie Chan (20 mins)
- Interview with Benny Lai (15 mins)
- Jackie Chan stunts promotional trailer
- Box set exclusive – Collectors booklets for each film, featuring new essays and archival content
- Special Limited Edition (3000 Copies) Box Set
Notice: The picture quality of this trailer does not reflect the picture quality of the blu-ray or DVD in this package.