An ‘only in the 80s’ hybrid of post apocalyptic sci-fi weirdness, cynical humor, and horror touches, director Donald G. Jackson’s HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN is every bit as crazy as its title implies. Co-starring Sandahl Bergman (Conan the Barbarian), Rory Calhoun (Angel), and featuring a supporting performance from Nicholas Worth (Don’t Answer the Phone), Vinegar Syndrome presents HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN on Blu-ray in North America for the first time, in a brand new, 4k restoration.
What’s the story?
In a post-nuclear holocaust wasteland, Sam Hell (“Rowdy” Roddy Piper) is like most other survivors; a nomadic scavenger roaming the bombed out remnants of the world for food and survival gear. But Sam is also harboring a major secret that even he isn’t aware of: he’s the last fertile man on Earth. As unexpected pregnancies are discovered, the remnants of the government decide to capture him and, with the aid of scientist Spangle, fit him with a secure chastity belt to ensure his virility is used only when needed.
After learning of a group of supposed virgins who are being held captive by frog-mutant savages, Sam is sent on a rescue mission to free the women and then, of course, impregnate them. Is he up for the job? You bet… An ‘only in the 80s’ hybrid of post apocalyptic sci-fi weirdness, cynical humor, and horror touches, director Donald G. Jackson’s HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN is every bit as crazy as its title implies.
Vinegar Syndrome’s 4K restoration of the cheesy post-nuke sci-fi, Hell Comes to Frogtown, is available at Amazon.com.
A special limited edition V-shaped splitcover (designed by Earl Kessler Jr.) is limited to 3,000 units and is only available at VinegarSyndrome.com!
Release date: August 27, 2019SPECS
- Director: Donald G. Jackson, R.J. Kizer
- Cast: Julius LeFlore, RCB, Roddy Piper
- Country: USA
- Production Year: 1988
- Discs: 1 Blu-ray Disc + 1 DVD
- Region: FREE
- Run Time: 86 minutes
- Formats: Color; 1.85:1
- Audio: English
- Subtitle: English
- AKA: Sam Hell
- Studio: Vinegar Syndrome
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION from a 35mm interpositive
- Audio commentary with cinematographer/director Donald G. Jackson and writer/producer Randall Frakes
- “Mean and Green” – a video interview with Randall Frakes
- “Grappling with Green Gargantuans” – a video interview with lead actor “Rowdy” Roddy Piper
- “Amphibian Armageddon” – a video interview with actor Brian Frank
- “Creature Feature Creator” – a video interview with f/x artist Steve Wang
- Extended Scene
- Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles
Hell Comes to Frogtown 1988 trailer
Notice: The picture quality of these photos and videos do not reflect the picture quality of the blu-ray or DVD in this package.