U.S. classic movie company The Film Detective will be releasing Director Matthew Mallinson’s ultimate Bruce-ploitation classic, Fist of Fear Touch of Death (1980) on a new 4K restoration Blu-ray.
Action-packed Fist of Fear, Touch of Death is celebrating its 40th anniversary like never before with a stunning 4K restoration and never before seen special features! Fist of Fear, Touch of Death was first presented in 1980 by veteran distributor and producer Terry Levene and director Matthew Mallinson. The film places the 1979 World Karate Championship at center stage, where martial artists take their shot at eliminating the competition and claiming the title of “Successor to the Bruce Lee legacy.”
Using mockumentary-style interviews hosted by Academy Award nominee Adolph Caesar, martial arts masters Fred Williamson, Ron Van Clief, and more emerge from every corner of the martial arts world to give their take on whether any competitor could be deemed worthy of the Bruce Lee legacy.
Release date: March 31, 2020
Genre: Martial Arts / Documentary
Disc and film details
- Director: Matthew Mallinson
- Cast: Bruce Lee, Fred Williamson, Ron Van Clief
- Country: USA / Hong Kong
- Production Year: 1980
- Discs: 1 Blu-ray Disc / Also available on DVD
- Region: A
- Run Time: 90 minutes
- Formats: Color / 4K
- Audio: English
- Subtitle: None
- AKA: The Dragon and the Cobra
- Studio: The Film Detective (USA)
- Stunning 4K restoration from the original 35mm camera negative
- Brand new Interview with Fist of Fear, Touch of Death producer Terry Levene and script writer Ron Harvey
- Original theatrical trailer
- Liner notes from film historian Don Stradley
- Only 1,500 Blu-ray copies made, this deal won’t last long!
Fist of Fear Touch of Death (1980) trailer
Notice: The picture quality of these videos do not reflect the picture quality of the Blu-ray or DVD in this package.