“The Most Fun You’ll Ever Have… BEING SCARED!”
Scream Factory’s brand new Collector’s Edition of George Romero’s cult film Creepshow (1982), starring Hal Holbrook, Adrienne Barbeau, Fritz Weaver, Leslie Nielsen, and Carrie Nye.
Scream Factory has also confirmed that the upcoming release will be sourced from a brand new remaster of the film and will feature exclusive new bonus features. Final technical specs and bonus features details are expected to be announced in September.
Additionally, the release will come with a rigid slipcover (similar to the one that was prepared for the release of Nightbreed) that will house a Blu-ray case and a collectible booklet featuring a new essay from Michael Gingold (Fangoria, Rue-Morgue, Dellirium). The newly-commissioned artwork pictured on the slipcase below is from Laz Marquez (Army of Darkness, The Howling and Lifeforce steelbooks).
What’s the story?
Five creepy tales are strung together by a framing story involving a young boy being punished by his father for reading the gruesome, titular comic book. “Father’s Day” tells the tale of a family patriarch exacting beyond-the-grave revenge on the daughter who murdered him. In “The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill,” a Maine hayseed is overtaken by a meteor-based plant growth. A cuckolded husband exacts watery revenge on his cheating wife and her lover in “Something to Tide You Over.” A hairy beast in a box is used for nefarious purposes at a university in “The Crate.” Finally, in “They’re Creeping Up on You,” a wealthy, arrogant New Yorker with a fear of germs has a disturbing run-in with cockroaches during a blackout.
More from Director George A. Romero is the zombie apocalyptic masterpiece, Dawn of the Dead (1978), an Austrian all region steelbook.
Shipping starts on October 23, 2018
- Director: George A. Romero
- Starring: Hal Holbrook, Leslie Nielsen, Adrienne Barbeau
- Country: USA
- Production Year: 1982
- Discs: 1 Blu-ray Disc
- Region: A
- Run Time: 120 minutes
- Formats: Color; 1.85:1
- Audio: English
- Subtitle: English
- Studio: Shout Factory
Notice: The picture quality of this trailer does not reflect the picture quality of the blu-ray or DVD in this package.
Creepshow Fun Facts
1. While he was all business in his scenes, Leslie Nielsen had a fart machine in his pocket during the shooting. He would let it go off during rehearsals, and just before Director George A. Romero would call “Action!”, causing Ted Danson and the crew to crack up with laughter.
2. During Fan Expo Canada 2015, George A. Romero had said that the cockroaches were the most expensive part of the movie, stating that the cockroaches cost fifty cents a piece, and they used more then two hundred fifty thousand of them, a grand total of one hundred twenty-five thousand dollars on roaches alone.
3. Ted Danson, who played Harry Wentworth in “Something to Tide You Over”, said in a television interview that his daughter was on the set during the scene where his character returns from the dead, encased in rotting flesh and seaweed. He purposely tried avoiding his young daughter, out of fear of scaring her. Finally, despite his best efforts, she went up to him, looked at him and simply said, “Oh, hi Dad.”
4. During a break in filming, Stephen King took his son to a McDonald’s, and as a joke, Joe was made-up with bruises, cuts, and scabs. The girl at the drive-thru window called the police when she saw him.
5. Adrienne Barbeau was still married to John Carpenter when Creepshow was released. Carpenter made the film version of Stephen King’s Christine (1983). King wrote and makes an appearance in this movie. Additionally, Hal Holbrook and Tom Atkins, who starred in this film, co-starred in The Fog (1980) with Adrienne, and which Carpenter directed.