Vinegar Syndrome has announced the release of the sleazy Spanish horror, Bloody Sect (1982), on a 2K Blu-ray edition. A special limited edition embossed slipcover edition, limited to 2,000 units, is only available at VinegarSyndrome.com.
Director Ignacio F. Iquino obscure and forgotten gem, Bloody Sect, belongs to the Euro-sleaze category. The film is reminiscent of works from Lucio Fulci or Bruno Mattei in its gore and nudity scenes.
A mercenary is blinded by his spiteful wife for having committed adultery. He decides to start a new family with the new woman but discovers she is unable to conceive. They consult a fertility doctor unaware he is a member of a Satanic cult and the doctor decides to use the woman to carry a devil-child.
Bloody Sect (1982) will get a long-overdue 2K restoration Blu-ray/DVD combo set from Vinegar Syndrome.
Release date: September 24, 2019
- Director: Ignacio F. Iquino (as Steve McCoy)
- Cast: Emma Quer, Carlos Martos, Concha Valero
- Country: Spain
- Production Year: 1982
- Discs: 1 Blu-ray Disc + 1 DVD
- Region: FREE
- Run Time: 86 minutes
- Formats: Color; 1.85:1
- Audio: Spanish
- Subtitle: Newly translated English
- AKA: Secta siniestra
- Studio: Vinegar Syndrome
• Region Free Blu-ray/DVD combo
• Newly scanned & restored in 2k from its 35mm original camera negative
• Audio commentary with film historian and author Kat Ellinger
• Promotional stills gallery
• Reversible cover artwork
• Original Spanish language soundtrack
• Newly translated English subtitles
Bloody Sect trailer
Notice: The picture quality of these photos and videos do not reflect the picture quality of the blu-ray or DVD in this package.